According to the CDC, 61 Million Americans, or 26% of the adult American population are currently suffering from at least one disability.
A disability is defined as any condition of the body or mind (impairment) that makes it more difficult for the person with the condition to do certain activities (activity limitation) and interact with the world around them (participation restrictions).
Looking closer at the 61 million adult Americans with disabilities:
Approximately 6.5 million are experiencing serious difficulties with concentrating, remembering, and decision making.
- 1 in 3 have an unmet healthcare need because of costs incurred in the past year -
- 1 in 3 do not have a usual healthcare provider -
- 1 in 4 did not have a routine check up in the past year-
Microbiome sequencing & testing empowers you with data points to understand how your microbiome (also called the 'gut') affects your mood, cognition, physiological energy levels, decision making abilities, and behavioral activation.
Other issues related to imbalances in the microbiome include:
- low mood
- attentional problems
- brain fog
- reduced immune responses
Testing your microbiome is the fundamental first step.
Testing makes it possible to accurately understand what probiotics are needed to bring your unique microbiome into balance.
Once you have completed the testing process, you will have the data points to understand how your health is being affected by your microbiome. You will then receive recommendations to help balance the physiological and mental symptoms associated with your specific microbiome signature.
Taking the action to care for yourself empowers you with a life long skill set to reduce the occurrences of ongoing mental health issues. Cultivating the grounds for perseverance, gratitude, and resiliency .
In 2019, 61 Million Americans reported having a mental illness and 19 million Americans reported suffering from depression (SAMHSA, 2020).
By September of 2020, JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association), estimated that the number of adults in America suffering from depression had tripled from around 19 million to approximately 58 million.
It is estimated that antidepressant treatment medications are effective at reducing symptoms in around 66% of adults.
While 66% efficacy is impressive, the remaining 34% of adult Americans, or approximately 19 million people, require other treatments.
Including, combination medication treatmentments, behavioral or mental health therapy, and other non-pharmacological treatments.
As of now, researchers are continuing to identify new treatments for depression and PTSD.